- I'm not sure when - 1.15.2007

Me at twenty years old. Right now I am a daughter, a birthmother, a sister, a friend. I am an employee by day and a student by night. My current goals include doing well in school and finding a good job (again). My dreams involve leaving Utah, finding someone to fall in love with and becoming a mother. Things of importance to me include my family, my friends and getting my education.

Me at eighteen. I was a daughter of a newly widowed mother, a student, a friend and a roommate. I attended school full time and worked part time nights and weekends. I had very few goals, if any. Things of importance to me were my friends, and forgetting home and the pain that I, at the time, associated with home.

Chan, me and adorable baby Mikayla. I believe I was seventeen when this picture was taken but I may have been sixteen. At the time I was a bishops daughter, a caretaker to a sick father, a shoulder for a grieving mother, a teenager with severe depression that I didn't yet know how to control. My main goal was getting away. Things of importance to me were people who supported me and my family, my long time boyfriend and my drivers license. Oh, and that studded belt. I went through five of those belts in high school.


Fifteen years old. Happy, "popular", outgoing, friendly. I cared about how I did in school, cared about how I looked, cared about getting out and being with my friends. My family was happy and I was well cared for. If I could go back to any one year of my life I would go back to year fifteen. (Note the belt)
I was going back and reading some of my older blogs and journals and it amazes me how much I have changed. How I have gone back and fourth from happiness to unhappiness. I'm still trying to figure out what I want for myself and how to go about getting it. Hopefully I continue to change, and hopefully it's for the better.
So...anyone heard about any open receptionist jobs yet?
I hate being unemployed.





4 Comments:

At 2:34:00 PM, Blogger Chellie said...

Those are really cool pictures and show such a difference in life and goals...
I think you're on the right path! You can move to AZ and hang out with us. The weather is awesome and there are lots of jobs!

 
At 5:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alli, I love your posts. I do hope that you're happy now and doing well. It's unsettling to see what life can bring you in just five years. Everyday I'm grateful that I'm a different person than I was even four years ago.

One of the best websites I've found to look for job is on the department of workforce services website. I would imagine they'd have that in different states.

 
At 10:37:00 PM, Blogger MiandMiksmom said...

I can't believe I am just now reading this. This is a beautiful post. I just want you to be happy. I love your studded belt...I think whenever I picture you, I picture you with that belt! I love the picture of us...so fun. We had some good times and great chats. You've been through a lot, dear friend.

 
At 5:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily loved that studded belt. She thought you were the absolute coolest person in the WORLD. She would say she wanted to be just like you and she had only seen you for a few minutes at church. I remember the boyfriend too. I find life incredibly fascinating with all of its twists and turns. It's crazy isn't it??

LC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

all alli.

enjoy.

blogs

Chaun
Steph
Candice
PostSecret
Ences
Chel


PREVIOUS POSTS

Is it really only Friday?
Bold
This Christmas
Christmas Time
By the Way
Love On Her Arms
Speed.
I'm gettin' nothin'!
My Lifes Lessons
Stew


THE ARCHIVES



LAYOUT

Layout is by TornGemini

Powered by Blogger